Sunday 23 February 2020

It's The Fake Tan Life For Me


Tanologist / fake tan review.
Ive been wanting to get into fake tan for a long time over the years as unfortunately since I am a redhead and have rather fair skin it is next to impossible for me to develop a real tan as the rays from the sun only give me a red lobster colour instead of a desired dark olive coloured tone. Sadly I get this from my mum and she is also redheaded and fair skin. I was not blessed with my dads dark brown hair and his skin ability to get the best tan ever.

In the past I have played around with gradual tanning moisturisers but even then ive never really seen a big difference or even a desired colour of tan.

So I thought that another one of my crazy ideas for 2020 was to finally look into a fake tan brand that was going to work for me and start off the tanning journey. 

I did my research on many different sites and the most popular ones I kept finding was Tanologist, Bondi Sands and St Tropez. So again I narrowed it don't to these three brands and the one that tripped all three was the Tanologist. 

Tanologist is only sold on certain websites in the uk and America and luckily me being in the uk I was able to purchase it from my local drug store called Superdrug and luckily it was fated to be as it was in stock and being sold at a discounted price.

Tanologist is a clear substance tanner that does not show up straight away when it is applied to the skin, it gradually develops over time and leaving it on longer will give you a more dark desired colour. As I am quite new to the tanning world I knew I didn't want to go head on in on a really dark colour so I have opted for the medium colour and so far I am loving it!

I have purchase both the mousse and the water spray. The mousse I have been using is really good, each pump of mousse gives me enough product that I need for either an arm, leg or torso. The water is spray is more for a 24 hour glow top up, so I will be using this as my tan stats to gradually fade.

When tanning it is always recommended to apply the tan with a mitt, this is so the product and can be spread onto the body easily and effective, and without staining your hands in the process.

I have also purchased the Bondi Sands back applicator as we all know it is impossible to apply fake tan to your back all by yourself, unless you have a trusty family member or friend. So far back applicator has been working for me but I am still getting used to it and I would be surprised if I have missed bits.

I was a bit hesitant at starting fake tanning as I thought that since i've never done it before I would just mess it all up and look weird and I was also worried about that people wold think of me. So far I have been given nothing but good compliments about how natural its looking. 

This is just another thing I wanted to accomplish in 2020 as one of my goals and to get me out of my shell and out of my comfort zone. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig