Friday 16 August 2019

Disney Favourite Part 1 - The Little Mermaid


Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun,  wanderin free, wish I could be, part of that world. 
Okay who's a big fan of those lazy Sunday mornings, sipping on coffee and binge watching tons of Disney films? I do! I do! Especially if your feeling delicate from a night of heavy drinking. Guilty!

One of my favourite Disney films to watch has to be hands down The Little Mermaid. I mean c'mon its all about wanting to break free from the daily and wanting to be so much more than whats already be planned out for you * Future wise*. I've watched this film and sang to every song so many times I couldn't even possible count. I mean Kiss the girl is a classic!


If however you've been one of the unlucky ones that hasn't watched The Little Mermaid *I feel sorry for you!* I'm going to just explain the story as briefly as I can so I don't spoil any of the magic.


The story is about a 16 year old mermaid called Ariel who longs to explore the human world above the ocean and escape her life down in the bottom of the sea and her father king Tritons palace.
She's a rebellious teenager who knows that what she's doing is wrong but that it also feels its right. 




Her resolve to be part of the human world is grown stronger when she comes into contact with a human, price Eric and saves him from drowning when his ship is blown up and sinks in the ocean. Its a very fetching feeling of love at first sight on both parts.




But alas theirs a small problem of them being together. She's a mermaid and he's a human and any interaction with the human world is forbidden. So the story leans to Ariel making a deal with the sea witch Ursula. Ursula offers to turn Ariel from mermaid to a human for three days and that she must seal the deal of true loves kiss with Eric to remain human permanent or she'll have to turn back into a mermaid. But what Ariel doesn't realise is that Ursula has her own secret agenda on why she wants to be so willing to help. Alas she signs the contract and her payment is she must give her up voice to the sea witch for secret unknown reasons. 





The Little Mermaid is definitely in my top three Disney films I just adore so much. And its not just the film I love. Every time I find some sort of merchandise that involves the film I just have to purchase it. You don't want to know how may different mugs I have. Maybe one day I'll do a post and show you.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig