Friday 28 December 2018

DragonBall Z


Just a little post expressing one of my all time favourite cartoons and a pop funko!

Okay people, who else was an uber fan of the cartoon show Dragonball Z?

I remember back in my youth at school and playing with my friends at lunch either on the playground or the field running around beating each other up using martial arts, pretending to fly and throw around energy power balls. Me and my friends used to think we were pretty badass!



It was a show that used to be played on Cartoon Network if my memory serves. I would watch it almost everyday after coming home from school and then discussing it the next day at school with my friends and trying to reenact the episode we watched the previous day.




Dragon Ball Z  is a Japanese anime television series produced by Toei Animation. It is the sequel to the Dragon Ball anime and adapts the latter 325 chapters of the original 519-chapter Dragon Ball manga series created by Akira Toriyama which ran on the Weekly Shounen Jump from 1988-1995. Dragon Ball Z aired in Japan on Fuji TVfrom April 26, 1989 to January 31, 1996, before getting dubbed in territories including the United StatesCanadaAustraliaEuropeIndia, and Latin America.
Dragon Ball Z follows the adventures of Goku who, along with his companions, defend the Earth against villains ranging from conquerors (VegetaFrieza), androids (Cell) and other creatures (Majin Buu). While the original Dragon Ball anime followed Goku from childhood to early adulthood, Dragon Ball Z is a continuation of his adult life, but at the same time parallels the life of his son, Gohan, as well as the development of his rivals Piccolo and Vegeta from enemies to allies.
Due to the success of the anime in the United States, the manga chapters comprising its story were initially released by Viz Media under the title Dragon Ball Z. Additional works called animanga were released in Japan, which adapt the animation to manga form. Dragon Ball Z's popularity has spawned numerous releases which have come to represent the majority of content in the Dragon Ball universe; including 17 movies and 148 video games, many of them being only released in Japan, and a host of soundtracks stemming from this material. Dragon Ball Z remains a cultural icon through numerous adaptations, including a more-recent remastered broadcast titled Dragon Ball Kai.[a] There have also been two sequel series; Dragon Ball GT (1996–1997) and Dragon Ball Super (2015–2018).











*Info taken from wikipedia*
*Pictures taken from Pinterest*

As a pop collector I was excited to find a super Saipan Goku and add it to my collection. It sits on my shelf and reminds me of a time in my life where everything was so much simpler and easier.
 Like I've spoken about in a previous post I have been struggling with stress of late. One of the stresses is that I feel I've let time slip by from me too much and wishing my life away and then forgetting to just chill out, take a breath and have fun. Have fun like I used to as a kid, not grow up too fast as in the end I don't want to look back and have regrets and miss out on once in a life time situations. 

Right folks until next time!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig