Saturday 5 January 2019

Its a new year, a new look and a new beginning!



Well I've certainly changed look wise since 2018!



Hi everyone and welcome to the first post of 2019!

Like seriously how is it 2019 already? I feel like I'm still waiting for Christmas to come around the corner, the month of December had literally flown by and its scary that we have started into another new year as I can clearly remember the beginning of 2018.
I guess its true what they say, time does fly by!

As you can clearly see from the above photo, I have taken a different new look into the new year. After feeling crappy about how I feel and look I wanted to do a change up. I love being blonde but I've been wanting to go a darker colour or at least near my natural colour for awhile now and I've been feeling some inspiration from certain actors I watch from my fave tv and netlifx shows.

My inspirations to go short hair was Chris Hemsworth (Marvels Thor), Chris Evans (Marvels Captain America) and Stephen Amell (DC's Arrow).

My Inspiration for going to a dark brown with a slight hint of red is KJ Apa (Netflix's Riverdale).

It might seem like a drastic change but when I finally got to see my new look which was created by a good friend of mine who is also a professional hairdresser, I felt nostalgic. I haven't been a dark colour since I was about 14 maybe 15 years old which is when I first started messing around with my hair and changing my look. It was definitely a throwback moment. I legit couldn't get over that it was real and not some sort of wig or rug!
I feel rather chameleon like.


**Inspiration pics taken from Pinterest**

But this post isn't just about the change of my look. I definitely want to make bigger changes for my mood and my look on my life. I don't want to just sit on the floor and twiddle my thumbs and just let life pass me by, I feel like I've already done to much of that already! 
I want to get back into feeling confident about myself and not let people or stress get to me and just crumble underneath the pressure of it all. 

So starting Monday I am getting back into my fitness routine at the gym. Im going back to all my favourite classes, getting to work with my Alex Crockford 12 week gymfit1 workout programme ( he is also releasing his own app called "Crockfit"  later today which will mean access to my workout programme will be so much easier) and getting back into a reasonable body confident shape. I do have goal to fit into a suit of mine which I will hopefully be wearing for my big sisters wedding at the end of this year so I know I've got to make some head way soon. 
I also want my nutrition back under control because I've just been having what I want, when I want and as much as I want for the past 2 months ands its really taken its toll on my mind, body and self esteem. 

I also want to start getting myself into a good habit and routine of putting away savings as I'm so bad at it. I get to a good point of tucking away money savings but then find my way dipping into it and buying things that I want and personally don't actually need, I'm an impulsive spender! And as I still live at home and not doing savings its then making the reality of not getting my own place real as you can't get your own house or flat without having the money to back it up.

 And I feel embarrassed at saying I'm nearly 27 and still living at home with my parents. I know that lot of people are still living at home longer these days as the cost of living is going up everyday and a deposit for a place is nearly as much as getting the place itself and as I'm still single its makes it pretty impossible to afford a home on my own which I feel puts pressure on me to find a partner which is pretty crazy. I shouldn't have to feel the need to get into a relationship just so I can afford a place, thats just stupid. 

Anyway guys and gals, sorry I've been bleating my heart out but I really do feel that opening up about my life and struggles on here does help air out the drama and blah blah blah!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig