Saturday 22 December 2018

End Of Year Thoughts 2018 - Tis The Season

Well the end of 2018 is is sight. I just want to have a little chat with you all before the dawn of the new year!

Hi everyone and welcome to what will most likely be my last blog of 2018.

I just wanted to have a little sit down with you and apologise about not posting anything in a while.
As of late I have been in a little bit of a down funk in my mood. Ive been rather withdrawn lately from friends, social media, social events and of course blogging!

I've noticed over the past couple months towards the end of the year that I have been feeling rather down about myself and have been letting it get to me too much. I've been feeling uncomfortable in my own skin and my mood has been all over the place. I can tell the signs in me when I know I'm going in a bit of a bad mood way.

It all started when I stopped going to the gym and stopped attending my favourite classes which are the Les Mills Bodyattack and Bodypump.

Now I must admit that I have not been in the gym and training as much as I used to in the past couple of years. Lately I have been wanting to give up and quit because I feel that I'm never improving in the way my body feels and looks and how I feel about myself. I used to see a personal trainer in my gym about two or three times a week when I was also attending classes and doing my own workout sessions but over time the payments seemed to rack up and I unfortunately couldn't afford it anymore. But also I came to the realisation that after a while I didn't personally need a PT because after a year or so with them I already knew what I needed to do and was just paying them for keeping me company.

Also my eating has not been good either along with the no exercising. I know that things are all about balances but in my case their has been no balance. Ive been eating all the wrong things and not enough of the right food choices. I have been eating lots of junk food, consuming calories with sugary drinks and indulging in more alcohol.

I have been finding old progress pictures of I took in the past and get really down about how good I was looking and improving and now seeing myself in the mirror its all gone to waist. My goal in the gym was to cut my body fat percentage down and gain muscle and definition which I was doing but now its practically all gone. Ive gained weight, broadened out, strength I built has gone and now I just feel like I've gone back to how I was when I started a fitness journey.

But I'm not going to let it get to me. Starting next year I am going to get back on it and crawl my way out of this no gym funk. Ive just recently signed myself up to an online coach fitness course which has been designed by a fellow role model and fitness guide I gave been following for a while now on instagram and Twitter. The course has been created by a man called Alex Crockford. Ive signed up to his first course called Gymfit1. The course is set for 12 weeks, it includes nutritional guides, step by step program exercises and of course his expertise guidance. It also helps that he can be contacted anytime to help out and guide me into what I want and if I'm struggling and keeping him updated with my progress and sending him photo progress pictures over my journey.

Ok I'm going to sign off now, I feel that I have babbled on too much about my gym funk. Their have been other issues with my mood but I'll post another post about those in the future.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a happy new year!

*Photo above is from Pinterest.






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig