Thursday 7 March 2019

Review - Colour B4



Ever dyed your hair a colour and regretted it? Well I certainly have and heres my journey

Ok, everyone knows by now that I'm a hair colouring junkie. Ive had my changed so many times now its almost hard to know what my natural colour was. Actually how could I forget, I was a redhead which was why I chose to dye my hair. I used to get name called and get the mickey taken out of me for have red hair. Although now that I'm over 10 years older since those days, its doesn't bother me anymore, but I still like to change the look of my hair anyway.

So lets back track about 2 months ago. I entered 2019 with blonde hair, and I had a crazy idea to go dark. And by dark, I mean dark! It was almost black. I wanted a change because I thought that since it was a new year, why not go for a new look. It also didn't help that I was feeling inspired by other role models of mine who had dark hair. So I did the brave thing and got my trusty hairdresser friend to take me dark.
Two months forward, I regret it. Silly me! I liked the way it looked to begin with but after a while it really took its toll on me. I kept feeling really self conscious as I felt all eyes where on me as for the past 2 years I've been getting lighter and lighter blonde and to go from light bulb to pure darkness was rather extreme. I thought that after a month or so it would fade out to light brown or ginger/brown. Oh no, it held on and on. I was trying my best to fade it down. I was washing my hair everyday with Head and Shoulders shampoo which is great for colour stripping due to the ingredients, I would rinse and repeat with hot water, but to no avail.



So here I come to the review of this trusty gem. Colour B4 is a hair colour remover I picked up in my local Boots. I have previously used this before in the past when I "accidentally" turned my platinum blonde hair to a horrible rusty colour - this was like five years ago I must add in. The packaging of the box has changed since I used it last, but I remembered the name of the brand, and I remembered that it worked wonders as it stripped the horrible colour and pigments out and gave me my white hair back. Its a very easy process to follow. Its almost like your a doing a box dye at home. Before using this I wasn't too sure what colour my hair was going to change into as my hair was blonde before I went dark, and since I left my hair alone for a couple months my roots had started to grow out. But I wasn't going to let fear stop me as I needed this dark hair to go. Colour b4 is a very safe remover. I know some people might be afraid of ruining you hair but hand on heart it has kept my hair in the same condition before I started. It is also bleach and ammonia free which is a big thumbs up as those two are big issues in the hair world.


The is the result of doing the colour b4 and I have to say I was super happy that it worked. It stripped the dark colour back to an almost strawberry blonde/ginger colour which is the perfect canvas for me to get back to what I was previously. The application of the colour b4 takes about roughly an hour and my head was wrapped in clingfilm and extra heat to the head and hair speeds up the process whilst making the pigments get proper stripped. I will say this though, the smell of this product is absolutely disgusted. Im not even sure how I can describe it. The best description I can give is that it smelt like really bad eggs, or an eggy fart haha! I was literally holding my nose the entire process time, but like I said, I was determined. 

Unfortunately this is not the end of the story. After about a week or so I started to notice that my hair was going slightly dark again which is not what I wanted. Usually colour b4 is used before people want to start dyeing hair again which it is safe to do so but i wanted to give my hair an extra break before seeing my hair dresser again, so when I was seeing it go dark again I was beginning to panic a little. I did some research into possible explanations behind why it was going back dark on its own accord. The most common reason I was finding is that the process time has to be perfect and the main part of the stripping process is to make sure I wash my hair long enough for the pigments to rinse out in the shower time otherwise it will oxidite.This I must admit I felt I did not do properly. So can you guess what I then chose to do next? Yes I did another colour b4 which again I did do research beforehand as it sounds mad doing two colour stripping processes in the space of only two weeks but it was safe to do, and this time I made sure I did everything perfect. And I'm pleased to say that it worked even better than the first time. When I did finish the first process I did notice a slight banding in my hair between my root colour and the dyed part of my hair which was being stripped but I didn't think anything of it. This second process it practically matched my roots colour to the rest of it.

Its been just over two weeks since the second colour b4 and it has stayed the same, so fingers crossed I don't have to do it a third time. I don't think my nose could take the smell again.

Anyway sorry about me going on and on about my hair. Its one of my favourite traits about myself. But this should teach me a lesson about wanting to make a drastic change and not properly thinking it through because it was a waste of money to go dark and then do a complete you turn. Will I ever learn?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig